If you're a foundation, financial institution, or socially responsible investor that invests in low-income communities, we can help you leverage your funds and increase your impact. Investing in IFF is simple and safe — and can be tailored to your specific needs. Here is how it works:
- You invest in IFF, either providing us with equity (a grant) or debt (a low-cost loan).
- We leverage your funds and ours, and invest the combined total in low-income communities, primarily through below-market rate mortgages for nonprofit facilities or affordable housing projects.
- Borrowers repay their loans plus interest.
- Repaid loan principal revolves and finances other projects, with a portion of the earned interest retained for portfolio management and technical assistance to borrowers.
- We repay your investment plus interest, and report on the impact of the loans made.
- You can also provide grants to support our operations, research, policy work, or special initiatives designed to meet your strategic goals for improving low-income communities.
IFF has an AAA+1 CARS™ rating, the highest possible rating for a U.S. Department of the Treasury-certified community development financial institution. We also have over 25 years of experience in community development finance — and have never failed to repay our investors.
We are eager to work with you to design and target investments that align with your corporate and social responsibility goals. Please email or call us at 866 629 0060.