Our real estate and financing experts have developed complimentary tools to support nonprofit organizations that are planning projects, including in-person presentations and technical assistance resources. To discuss your project, email us or call us at 866 629 0060.
Financial Technical Assistance Resources
Technical Assistance Worksheets for Planning & Managing a Real Estate Project
The technical assistance worksheets with Microsoft Excel templates below were developed based on common questions and issues that arise as a nonprofit takes on a renovation or development project.
Planning a Real Estate Project
- No. 1: Assessing Your Organization's Program and Facilities Needs
- No. 2: Projection New Operations and Monthly Cash Flow
- No. 3: Paying for a Real Estate Project
- No. 4: Selecting a Capital Campaign Consultant
- No. 5: Determining How Much Your Organization Can Borrow
- No. 6: Making a Facility Decision
Managing a Real Estate Project
- No. 7: Approaching a Real Estate Project
- No. 8: Creating a Project Development Budget
- No. 9: Selecting a Project Manager
- No. 10: Selecting an Architect
- No. 11: Selecting a General Contractor
- No. 12: Fundamentals of Purchasing Real Estate
- No. 13: Protecting Your New Occupancy Budget
- No. 14: Applying for Property Tax Exemption
The Building Blocks of Design: A Handbook for Early Childhood Development Facilities
A reference tool for early childhood development providers who want to improve or expand their centers. The handbook covers everything from making simple cosmetic enhancements to planning a major construction project.