Early Childhood Care and Education
Nonprofit child care providers serving low-income communities count on us for the capital solutions and real estate services they need to maintain, equip, improve, and expand their facilities — allowing them to stay focused on their mission of providing quality child care to working families. We can help you:
- Evaluate and plan your current and future space needs
- Find the right site and negotiate lease or purchase agreements
- Finance facility repairs, furnishings, equipment, and vehicles
- Finance acquisition, rehabilitation, and new construction
- Manage your construction project — from brainstorming to ribbon-cutting — to make sure it gets finished on time and within budget
We also conduct research for foundations and state and local governments that measures the need for the full range of early care and education services in cities and states.
Right now in the city of Detroit, we are planning to select a child care provider and/or partner agencies to co-design, operate, and ultimately own a comprehensive early care and educational family resource center being developed by us. Click here for the request for proposals for the Detroit Comprehensive Early Childhood Care and Education Center and here for answers to some frequently asked questions about the form. There are also additional forms to be completed and included along with your response to our RFP. If you have any questions or are unable to access the documents, email Monica Duncan, IFF's director of early childhood services, or call 313 309 7828.