Tuesday, August 20, 2019
8:30 AM – 3:30 PM
Detroit Branch of the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago
1600 East Warren Avenue
We’re looking forward to seeing you soon!
8:30 – 9:00 AM REGISTRATION & NETWORKING
9:00 – 10:30 AM OPENING SESSION
- “It Takes a Village,” facilitated by Monica Duncan, IFF Director of Early Childhood Education
- “My Top 10 Beliefs About the Village,” by LaShawn Bridges, Owner/Director, Blessed Beginnings
- Welcoming Remarks, Chris Uhl, IFF Executive Director for the Eastern Region
10:45-NOON BREAKOUT SESSIONS
Session A: Low-Cost, High-Impact Design Solutions: Ways to Enrich ECE Environments
It can be overwhelming to create an ECE facility that is developmentally appropriate, functional, and incorporates leading practices. In this session, interface with a California-based design firm and learn facility strategies that are fun, practical, and inspiring.
- Facilitator – Jeff Henze, IFF ECE Program Manager
- Joanne Hiromura, Director of Landscape and Outdoor Play Space Design, Studio MLA Architects
- Facilitator – Rick Raleigh, IFF Owners Representative
- Sarah Walker, Senior Project Architect, Studio MLA Architects
Session B: Investments & Impact: An Intimate Discussion with Philanthropic Partners
Positioning investments and people to inspire and activate positive impact in communities is a very strategic and thoughtful process. In this session, participants will have an opportunity to interface with some of our most influential philanthropic partners to learn their approaches, lessons learned, and hopes for Detroit.
- Facilitator – Kirby Burkholder, President of the Social Impact Accelerator, IFF
- Meredith Freeman, Interim Executive Director and Director of Alignment and Impact Investing, Max M. and Marjorie S. Fisher Foundation
- Jonathan C. Hui, Program Officer, The Kresge Foundation
- Yazeed A. Moore, Program Officer, W.K. Kellogg Foundation
- Facilitator – Nakea West, Director of Resource Development, IFF
12:15 – 1:15 PM LUNCH
1:15 – 2:45 PM KEYNOTE PANEL
“Walk It Like I Talk It” Talk Show with Monica Duncan, Director of Early Childhood Services, IFF
- Dawne Bell, CEO, Early Childhood Investment Corporation (ECIC)
- Camarrah Morgan, Max M. and Marjorie S. Fisher Foundation
- Joe Neri, CEO, IFF
- Denise Smith, Executive Director, Flint Early Childhood Collaborative / Educare Flint
2:45 – 3:30 PM CLOSING SESSION
A Call to Collective Work with Kirby Burkholder, President of the Social Impact Accelerator, IFF
9:00 AM – 3:30 PM ~ OFFICE HOURS ~ HOW TO USE DATA EFFECTIVELY
Would you be willing to make a small investment of time if it could pay off in helping you fundraise for your program or make quality improvements? When you arrive at the Summit, you’ll have the chance to sign-up for a 15-minute appointment with Tara Townsend, IFF’s Vice President of Research and Evaluation, to discuss strategies for how to collect, analyze, and use data and information to inform decision making, develop strategies, and influence community approach.
Error: Contact form not found.
Tags: : Early Childhood Education