For over 30 years, nonprofits have trusted us to plan, finance, and build the facilities critical to their mission. At IFF, we help communities across the Midwest thrive by creating opportunities for our customers through affordable, flexible loan products. We value your presence in the community and design capital solutions that help you grow, build net assets, and strengthen your financial health.
We provide you the right tools and expertise to acquire and build a new home, or renovate your existing one. We also offer loans for energy-efficient upgrades and equipment and vehicle purchases. Our customers include human services agencies, affordable and supportive housing providers, schools, health clinics, and community arts and cultural centers.
Our loans support organizations serving low-income communities and people with disabilities throughout our region. We also work collaboratively with other lenders and funding sources, including new markets and low-income housing tax credits.
To find out what IFF capital solution is best for you, email or call us at 866 629 0060.
How Our Lending Works
Whether you need a new building or a new boiler, our loans help nonprofits of all sizes throughout the Midwest make big-impact investments. We can help your agency do the same.
We are experts in offering and structuring efficient and effective financing for nonprofits. Our customers include human services agencies, affordable and supportive housing providers, schools, health clinics, and community arts and cultural centers. Our loan officers listen and work with you to find a solution for your organization.
At IFF, we know even a small loan can make a big difference. So we make it easy — no long forms, unnecessary fees, or complicated approval processes. Ranging from $10,000 to $2 million, our low-cost, 15-year loans can cover up to 95 percent of a total project’s cost. We also provide second-position loans and financing for leasehold improvements. Click here for a PDF overview of IFF’s lending products.
Collaborating with neighborhood organizations, local governments, and community developers, we create opportunities again and again for our customers. We offer Facility Loans, Facility Improvement Loans, and Equipment and Vehicle Loans to nonprofits throughout the Midwest. We also finance full-service grocery stores in food deserts and affordable housing near public transit. Charter schools, housing, and energy-efficiency initiatives benefit from special financing programs.
Apply for a Loan
Whether you operate a health clinic, child care center, or human services agency, each day you make difficult decisions that affect people’s lives — and your agency’s bottom line. Let us help you find the loan that fits your needs.
- Facility Loans – Complete this application for needs including real estate acquisition, renovation, construction, and repairs/maintenance; and facility improvements. Leasehold improvements and refinancing to expand programming are other uses for this kind of financing.
- Equipment or Vehicle Loans – Complete this application for needs ranging from computers and furnishings to medical equipment and service-oriented vehicles.
- Affordable Housing Loans– For predevelopment, construction, and/or permanent financing of affordable rental housing, complete this application.
- Grocery Store Loans – Funded by the Healthy Food Financing Initiative and Illinois Fresh Food Fund, this loan program supports full-service grocery stores in food deserts.
If you have any problems downloading these forms, please contact Deepti Pareenja at (312) 629-0060. Please note that some of our dynamic forms can only be opened in Adobe Reader and Adobe Acrobat; they may not be viewable within your browser.
Below is a list of a few of IFF’s many borrowers in the Capital Solutions program. For a print-ready list of IFF borrowers and Real Estate Services clients, click here.
- Access Community Health
- Asian Human Services
- Chicago Commons Association
- Children’s Home + Aid Society
- Erie Neighborhood House
- Heartland Health Outreach
- Inspiration Corporation
- Instituto del Progresso Latino
- Karcher Artspace Lofts (Artspace, Inc.)
- Noble Network of Charter Schools
- Puerto Rican Cultural Center
- Shawnee Health Service and Development Corporation
- Youth Outreach Services
- Campagna Academy, Inc.
- ECHO Community Health Care
- Lampion Center
- Madison County Community Health Center
- Meadow Park Apartments (Herman & Kittle Properties, Inc.)
- Northtown Village Townhomes (The Community Builders, Inc.)
- Phalen Leadership Academy
- Bethany for Children & Families Iowa
- C Fresh Market
- Child Abuse Council
- Community Health Center, Inc.
- Habitat for Humanity Quad Cities
- Greater Des Moines Habitat for Humanity
- Detroit Achievement Academy
- Midtown Detroit, Inc.
- Southwest Housing Solutions
- Beyond Housing
- Boys and Girls Club of Greater St. Louis
- Boys and Girls Clubs of Greater Kansas City
- Brookside Charter School
- City Garden Montessori Charter School
- Grace Hill Settlement House, Inc.
- Guadalupe Centers, Inc.
- KIPP Inspire Academy
- North Side Community School
- Paraquad, Inc.
- CORE/El Centro
- Deerwood Crossing (Jewish Family Services)
- Globe Apartments (Antach Management Corp. and Movin’ out, Inc.)
- Next Door Foundation
- Northern Health Centers
- Progressive Community Health Centers
- Radio Milwaukee
- Sojourner Family Justice Center
- Villard Square (Gorman & Company and Northwest Side CDC)