Strategies for nonprofits to build long-term financial well-being
Capital is a critical resource that often seems just outside the reach of low-income communities. At IFF, we work hard to change that. We leverage knowledge, capital, and expertise to advance equitable and transformational outcomes by providing capital and hands-on technical assistance to nonprofits.
How we lend
We look at things differently
Racial inequality in property values still exists today. So, how can we possibly use market value to determine the value your nonprofit brings to your community. We don’t. At IFF, we look at things differently.
As a nonprofit lender, our products are specifically designed for nonprofits.
We value what happens inside your facility
No appraisal or loan-to-value requirements
Keep more of your cash
As low as 5% upfront
All loans are important
Loans from $10,000 to $6 million
A resource you can rely on
IFF is a nonprofit Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI). CDFIs see the same financial risks as traditional banks, but make different choices. That’s because our goal is not to maximize profits for shareholders, but to bring capital to communities where it’s most needed.
We’ve partnered with nonprofits for over 30 years, working alongside nonprofit leaders to plan, finance, and build facilities that are critical to their mission. Our role is to design capital solutions that help nonprofits grow, build net assets, and strengthen financial health.
Our lending products
Centered on the needs of communities
Whether it’s a new boiler or a whole new building, our loans for nonprofits are centered on providing capital solutions of all sizes throughout the Midwest. See which of our nonprofit loans is best for you.
Owning your facility is possible. Let us show you how.
Facility improvement loans
Whether you lease or own, your staff and clients deserve beautiful, functional facilities.
Equipment and vehicle Loans
You have better things to do than to figure out workarounds for essential equipment.
Loans for grocery stores in food deserts
Everyone deserves access to fresh, healthy food.
Loans to create quality, affordable housing with amenities
Families should be able to live affordably in a neighborhood of their choice.
Our clients include human services agencies, supportive housing providers, schools, health clinics, and community arts and cultural centers. We are also a funding source for full-service grocery stores in food deserts and affordable housing developments.
Below is a list of a few of IFF’s many Capital Solutions clients – click through to read their stories.
- Centers for New Horizons – Chicago, IL
- Children’s Home + Aid – Carpentersville, IL
- Lincoln Park Community Center – Chicago, IL
- North Lawndale Employment Network – Chicago, IL
- Youth Outreach Services – Chicago, IL
- Northend Community Center – Lafayette, IN
- Overlook at the Fairgrounds – Indianapolis, IN
- The Landing – Fort Wayne, IN
- Tulip Tree Health Care – Fort Branch, IN
- Riverside High School – Indianapolis, IN
- Greater Des Moines Habitat for Humanity – Des Moines, IA
- Quad Cities Child Abuse Council – Davenport, IA
- Covenant Academies Foundation – Kalamazoo, MI
- Detroit Prep – Detroit, MI
- Educare Flint, Flint, MI
- LifeBuilders– Detroit, MI
- United Methodist Community House – Grand Rapids, MI
- International Spanish Language Academy – Minnetonka, MN
- Center of Creative Arts – St. Louis, MO
- Emmanuel Family and Child Development Center – Kansas City, MO
- Meet The Need – Excelsior Springs, MO
- SoulFisher Ministries – St. Louis, MO
- Synergy Services – Kansas City, MO
- Community Matters – Cincinnati, OH
- Community Treatment and Corrections Center – Stark County, OH
- Lower Lights Christian Health Center – Columbus, OH
- Menlo Park Academy – Cleveland, OH
- YWCA – Dayton, OH