A CDFI for nonprofits. Lease or buy?
Our Real Estate Solutions team serves as your real estate experts, advisors, problem solvers, and champions. We guide and support you with informed decision-making at every stage of your facility project – throughout planning, site selection, design, groundbreaking, and construction to ribbon cutting:
It’s about the needs of your programs
IFF believes that your building should serve the needs of your programs while providing the opportunity for asset growth, more consistent operating surpluses and, possibly, a mortgage payment that is lower than the rent. We provide the expertise to take your project from concept to reality. Let us help you assess the lease or buy decision so that you can:
- optimize your space
- build your financial assets and reserves
- strengthen your bottom line
- deliver more impactful service
- drive more efficiency
Is this the right time to think about real estate?
It depends on many factors, here are a few:
- Affordability: Accurately quantify the cost of managing your facility to avoid the unexpected
- Resilience: Uncovering options to build financial self sufficiency
- Only pay for what you need: Subsidized services for nonprofits and customized contracts for our work together
- Construction management: Serve as your advocate to ensure the project is completed on budget and on time.
We help you assess your unique situation and stand ready to deploy our suite of services to get your project launched and completed.
No matter how big or small your facility project, our services are designed to help you achieve your mission.
- Feasibility Assessment: Strengthen your agency’s financial health and program impact
- Facility Improvements: Address and prioritize deferred maintenance in your existing space
- Strategic Facilities Plan: Plan for your short- and long-term needs
- Facility Search and Evaluation Services: Identify the right property to lease or purchase
- Owner’s Representative Services: Guide you through the predevelopment and construction process
- Technical Assistance: Help you navigate unexpected challenges
Partnering to create thriving communities is at the heart of everything we do. We leverage knowledge, capital, and resources to advance equitable and transformational outcomes in under-resourced communities.
Our team can help you evaluate your leasing or ownership opportunities by drawing on our experience of 25 years in completing 700 projects representing more than 4.2 million sq. ft. of space.
We apply our expertise to guide you and your Board to make real estate decisions confidently so that your team can concentrate on what matters most: serving your communities.
Your job is difficult enough. Let our Real Estate Solutions team put our facility expertise to work for you.
Our clients include human services agencies, supportive housing providers, schools, health clinics, and community arts and cultural centers. Below is a list of a few of IFF’s many Real Estate Solutions clients – click through to read their stories.
- Heartland Alliance Health
- Lakeview Pantry
- North Lawndale Employment Network
- The Night Ministry
- XS Tennis
- Children of the Rising Sun
- United Children and Family Head Start
- United Methodist Community House
- YMCA West Central Michigan
- City Garden Montessori Charter School
- Community LINC
- Emmanuel Family and Child Development Center
- Grand Center, Inc.
- Urban Sprouts Child Development Center