Whether you are starting to plan for growth or preparing to find a new home, you can rely on IFF to guide your organization from initial project conception through the ribbon-cutting ceremony. Through every stage of the process, our expertise in real estate planning and development helps ensure every decision is in your best interests. And as a nonprofit, we understand the competing priorities you have to balance on a daily basis.
Our expertise reflects completion of over 700 projects for nonprofit clients as well as state and local governments across our region. Offering knowledge and skills as diverse as the needs of the agencies we serve, our seasoned staff members are proficient in site selection; facility condition assessment; green design; construction management; financial analysis and packaging; and more.
Choose from our fully integrated real estate services and we will customize a proposal focused on your needs. Click here for a PDF overview of our Real Estate Services.
To begin planning your next project, email or call us at 866 629 0060.
Learn more about our special programs offered through:
- Polk Bros Foundation in Chicago
- Kresge Foundation Learning Spaces in Detroit
- Stronger Nonprofits Initiative, funded by JPMorgan Chase to support nonprofits lead by and/or serving people or communities of color throughout the region
How Our Consulting Works
As a mission-driven real estate consultant, we care about more than completing your project on time and under budget. IFF’s real estate experts help you to make the right decisions while saving you time and money. We also always keep in mind opportunities for sustainability. Our services include:
- Feasibility Assessment – We review agency goals and financial capacity before developing a facility plan. We assess the location and amount of needed space, market conditions in the target location, and likely project costs and development scenarios. In our recommendations, we examine the costs, benefits, and financial and programming implications of each option.
- Facility Assessment – We evaluate facilities both owned and being considered for purchase, assess their condition and potential to meet the agency’s needs, and outline recommended improvement costs.
- Strategic Facilities Plan – If you have multiple facilities, we analyze your agency’s building portfolio while considering your financial condition and client demographics. We help your agency prepare a year-by-year plan for short- and long-term facility needs while factoring in renovation priorities and budget constraints.
- Facility Search and Evaluation Services – We identify, examine, and compare properties; help you identify any potential problems; and negotiate a lease or purchase agreement.
- Owner’s Representative Services – From blueprint to ribbon cutting, we support you every step of the way. We coordinate project financing as well as set up and monitor the construction escrow and payment services, and assist with permits, zoning requirements, and other public approval processes. Acting as the owner’s advocate throughout the project, our team troubleshoots scheduling or budget issues and you through every decision.
- Polk Bros. Foundation Subsidy Program – Through a special grant from Polk Bros. Foundation, we are able to subsidize other grantees of this organization up to 65 percent off of our fees for their next real estate project.
Our real estate and financing experts have developed complimentary tools to support nonprofit organizations that are planning projects, including in-person presentations and technical assistance resources. To discuss your project, email us or call us at 866 629 0060.
Below is a list of a few of IFF’s many Real Estate Services clients. For a print-ready list of Real Estate Services clients and borrowers, click here.
- Access Living
- Albany Park Theater Project
- Black Ensemble Theater
- Cabrini Green Legal Aid
- Chinese Mutual Aid Association
- Chicago Commons
- Christian Community Health Center
- Concordia Place
- Erie Elementary Charter School
- Heartland Alliance Health
- Foundation for Homan Square
- Inspiration Corporation
- Lakeview Pantry
- Metropolitan Family Services
- North Lawndale Employment Network
- The Night Ministry
- Oak-Leyden Development Services, Inc.
- One Hope United
- Puerto Rican Arts Alliance
- St. Leonard’s Ministries
- Teen Living Programs
- XS Tennis
- Youth Outreach Services
- Allegiant Preparatory, Inc.
- Alternatives in Education, Inc.
- Avondale Meadows Academy
- Central Indiana Community Foundation
- Charter Schools Development Corporation
- Christel House Academy
- City of Indianapolis
- Circle City Prep
- Community Living, Inc.
- Edna Martin Christian Center
- Educating Children Matters, Inc.
- Flanner House
- Foundation Against Companion-Animal Euthanasia
- Freedom Academy 1, Inc.
- Glick Fund of Central Indiana Community Foundation
- Herron High School
- Hope Academy
- Ignite Achievement Academy
- Indianapolis Congregation Action Network
- International Marketplace Coalition
- Invent Learning Hub, Inc.
- John Marshal Middle School
- KIPP Indianapolis, Inc.
- Oaks Academy
- Paramount School of Excellence
- pilotED Schools
- Progress House
- Providence Cristo Rey College Preparatory School
- Purdue Polytechnic High School
- Southeast Community Services
- Southeast Neighborhood School of Excellence
- Tech Indy School of Science and Engineering
- The Mind Program High School
- The Mind Trust
- Us Reaching, Benefiting, Aiding & Nurturing A Community Together
- Vanguard Collegiate of Indianapolis
- Westside Community Middle School
- Allied Media Projects (AMP)
- American Indian Health and Family Services
- Coalition on Temporary Shelter (COTS)
- Covenant Community Care
- Detroit Hispanic Development Corporation
- Developing K.I.D.S
- Development Centers
- Focus: HOPE
- Forgotten Harvest
- Garage Cultural
- New Paradigm for Education
- Racquet Up
- Radmoor Montessori
- Renaissance Head Start
- Ruth Ellis Community Services
- St. Suzanne Community Center
- The Boggs School
- The Order of the Fishermen Ministry Head Start
- United Children and Family Head Start
- YWCA of Flint
- Brookside Day School (BSDS, Inc.)
- City Garden Montessori Charter School
- Community LINC
- Grand Center, Inc.
- Southside Early Childhood Center
- Downtown Montessori Academy
- Girl Scouts of Wisconsin Southeast, Inc.
- Healthcare for the Homeless
- Hope Youth and Family Center
- Highland Community School
- Hmong American Peace Academy
- Notre Dame Middle School
- Outreach Community Health Centers
- Progressive Community Health Centers
- School District of New Berlin
- TransCenter for Youth
- Wisconsin Community Services